Costs Lawyers - Jobs / Vacancies
Experienced Legal Aid Costs Lawyers / Law Costs Draftsman
We are looking for qualified Costs Lawyers and experienced Law Costs Draftsman for their London offices, who have extensive experience in drafting Legal Aid Bills and Claims .
This will include preparing Bills/ Claims in the areas of: Child Care, Family, Immigration, Public Law, and Housing.
The ideal candidate will have strong technical knowledge and experience of drafting Legal Aid bills of varied complexity and value. The company is looking for Costs Lawyers/ Law Costs Draftsman with significant Legal Aid experience to hit the ground running.
Key Essential Skills and Personal Attributes:
Candidates must have:-
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as Costs Lawyer or Costs Draftsman/ Role;
- Experience in drafting Legal Aid bills for various areas of law;
- Experience in drafting Legal Aid Claims;
- Experience on CCMS;
- Experience in preparing VHCCP’s;
- Depth of understanding of the LAA Codes and relevant Legal Aid Rules;
- Proven IT skills and ability to adapt to new technology;
- Ability to demonstrate strong administrative and organizsational skills;
- Self-motivated to work independently and as part of a team with ‘can do attitude;.
- Excellent communication skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- A positive approach to working under pressure and in a busy environment;
- Business acumen.
- To prepare Legal Aid Bills ( 6 column/3column);
- To prepare Legal Aid Claims; (Claim 1’s/Claim 1a’s/ Claim 2’s and CCMS Claims);
- To prepare for Assessment (N258A; N258D etc.);
- To complete post –assessment work;
- To liaise and advise their Client(s) in relation to the variety of legal costs matters and Legal Aid matters;
- To prepare appeals to LAA where necessary;
- To prepare High Cost Case Plans;
- To prepare CCMS and prepare claims on CCMS where necessary;
- To have in depth knowledge of the relvant Legal Aid Rules and Procedure.
- Competitive salary on offer.